Professionally qualified and highly talented Software Engineer, Analyst, Team Leader and Architect with more than 25 years experience including extensive knowledge and skills in Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming using various tools and languages. An effective communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to interface at all levels including boardroom. Adept at getting to the core of issues and promote viable solutions to achieve significant results and possesses an outstanding record in delivering highly complex technical projects.
Technical skills include, but not limited to:
OOP and OAD, using Delphi, Java, C++, C#, Python, UML, XML, SQL, Oracle, Firebird, SQL Server, Case Tools, C4I, MIOS, GIS, GPS, AIS & S-63. Solution Architecture and TOGAF 9.1.
Team Management, Mentoring / Coaching, Software Design, Full Project / Development Lifecycles, Stakeholder Management, Innovation / Creativity, Business / Systems Analysis, Technical Documentation / Report Writing, Troubleshooting / Problem Solving, Requirements Gathering / Defining, Lecturing / Presentations / Training, Business Practice / Commercial Acumen
Apply advanced Python programming features for reliable programs
Create and manage concurrent threads of control
Generate and consume REST web service requests and responses
Increase performance with efficient use of data structures and native code
Unit test, install and distribute Python programs and modules
Independent of any specific architecture framework (Gartner, TOGAF, etc) the Intermediate certificate teaches general knowledge and skills. It covers a range of architecture concepts, techniques and processes, and provides an understanding of the roles architects play in the IT / IS industry.
TOGAF, an Open Group Standard, is a proven Enterprise Architecture methodology and framework used by the world's leading organizations to improve business efficiency. It is the most prominent and reliable Enterprise Architecture standard, ensuring consistent standards, methods, and communication among Enterprise Architecture professionals. Enterprise Architecture professionals fluent in the TOGAF standard enjoy greater industry credibility, job effectiveness, and career opportunities.
• Analysed existing code base, produced estimates and project proposal with planned delivery phases for a fixed price.
• Implemented upgrade of a suite of applications from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE8 including conversion from ansi strings to unicode, removing legacy libraries and moving from ADO to FireDac data access components, within a tight deadline.
Initial 6 month contract to develop a new ‘In Vehicle Mobile Application’ in a TDD Scrum environment as part of the Digital Policing programme allowing efficient use of mobile police resources, including mapping, routing & situational awareness.
• Coded in Java EE7 on Mac Minis using an extensive tool chain including Eclipse, JUnit, Jersey (JSON), Maven, Stash, Git, Nexus, Confluence, PMD, SLF4J, Neo4J, Cucumber, Jenkins, Camel, Fuse, Text to Speech & digital mapping resources.
• Installed, configured and integrated GIS services using Geoserver, GOLoader, Tomcat, Apache HTTP and Postgres/PostGIS used on Ubuntu VMs, deployed through Bash scripts and Puppet on Open Stack (Havana/IceHouse).
• The project uses an ESB to connect a legacy mainframe system with varied other systems including the GIS and IVMA.
Initial 6 month contract to enhance features of FIGARO utilising Delphi 2009 & XE5 using AS400 iSeries transactions.
• Produced applications to incept clients and accounts using data entry templates. Software utilised web services and COM and was developed using a Scrum like agile process and continual build using Jenkins.
• Produced estimates, carried out analysis, wrote specifications, software design, construction and unit testing.
• Liaised with directors, partners and technical specialists to guarantee smooth and timely delivery of software.
Initial 9 month contract to develop company’s suite of C4I and MIOS information systems including BattleHawk and WaveHawk used by domestic and international forces. Received contract extensions bringing coverage to 4.5 years.
• Coded in Delphi 2006, using Envitia’s MapLink GIS SDKs. S-57, S-63 and other maps.
• Co-produced a map processing application that converts raw map data into varied formats.
• Created a range of applications and interfaces for real time peripheral equipment such as VISCA PTZ cameras to acoustic detectors using low level protocols. Implemented closest point of approach and vessel interception features.
• Utilised a range of devices for detection and surveillance such as AIS, GPS, COFDM, audio and vibration sensors.
• Converted code artefacts and applications from C, C++ and VB into Delphi.
• Produced XML solutions for menu and toolbar configurations for different system types.
• Developed custom components that incorporated abilities for skinning and internalisation.
Oversaw all aspects of development including architecture, quality control and product road map for the company's LeadGen Pro software (used in outbound and inbound contact centres).
• Developed this multi-threaded system in Delphi 7 & C++ Builder 4, using a VOIP library with a FireBird DB and Asterisk telephony engine for Linux - ranged from console server applications to standard and nonstandard GUIs.
• Introduced and experienced many Agile methods including pair programming, continual build and integration tests (ANT, Cruise Control) and Test Driven Development using DUnit.
• Provided leadership and support to a highly motivated team of software development staff.
• Developed complex enterprise software products (OSS) for the Telecoms industry using Delphi 5 and Oracle 9i &Lite.
• Lead Developer on ‘NumeriQ’ product managing the SIMs and phone numbers of Hutchinson 3G, using Java EE 1.3 and Oracle 9i using EJBs on BEA WebLogic. Used Visual Café and then Eclipse making use of JUnit and Log4J.
• Other skills used included DOA (Direct Oracle Access) calling SQL and PL/SQL stored procedures. Equally adept at producing non-visual code, utilising Design Patterns as well as database and GUI development work.